United Nations Immersion Programme - Bangkok Field visit - CCIPE
Hosting 18 UN organizations and more than 90 NGOs, Bangkok offers itself for a whole series of formative experiences. UNITAR’s will host the activity in the UNESCAP Building and offers training sessions.
Hosting 18 UN organizations and more than 90 NGOs, Bangkok offers itself for a whole series of formative experiences. UNITAR’s will host the activity in the UNESCAP Building and offers training sessions with the following local UN agencies:
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP)
- United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) -
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- United Nations Children’s’ Fund (UNICEF)
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- UN Women
- UN Food and Population Fund (UNFPA)
- UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR)
- UN Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
- UN Volunteers
Bangkok is rich in historic buildings and other facilities important for international affairs. UNITAR can offer a series of guided tours thanks to its access to United Nations related buildings across the city.
- The United Nations Building in Bangkok (Private guided tour)
- The facilities of the World Health Organization (WHO)
- City tour through the diplomatic district of Bangkok
UNITAR offers participants to attend international conference and meetings and thereby experience multilateral negotiations first-hand. These can be meetings, seminars and workshops of UNESCAP, committees and ministerial conferences or other intergovernmental meetings.
To complement the immersion, UNITAR can blend the above-mentioned events with cultural activities, allowing students to immerse themselves in the Thailand culture and enjoy Thailand’s beauty. These can be a traditional Thai dinner, an excursion to the Floating Markets or a visit of the Grand Palace.
UNITAR will be responsible for the overall design, coordination and implementation of the Immersion Programme. It will liaise with participants on a regular basis prior to the activity's implementation in order to ensure a smooth and flawless organization for everyone involved.
The participants are responsible to purchase their own travel tickets to and from Bangkok as well as to apply for visa to Thailand. UNITAR can supports this process with the help of an official visa invitation letter. Participants further need to take care of their own accommodation and daily meals.
Please read this before registration "I understand that the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) does not insure participants in the above-described activity and I am advised to arrange at my own expense insurance against sickness, accident, permanent or temporary disability, death, and third-party risk for the period of the meeting, including travel time"
For more information email us at: ccipe.cooperation [at] unitar.org (ccipe[dot]cooperation[at]unitar[dot]org)