Executive Diploma on International Law (Online)
International law is the cornerstone of global interaction, politics, and policy. States as well as non-state actors in today’s globalized and interconnected world are constantly influencing the development of international law and in turn find their actions influenced by it. In addition, new technologies are opening up new possibilities while also creating new challenges.
UNITAR is launching an Online Executive Diploma on International Law that will explore new and cutting-edge legal topics to dynamically inspire participants to become accomplished professionals in their respective field and to provide them with the tools, information, and network they will need to do so.
At the end of this online executive diploma, participants will be able to:
- Identify the main actors and principles of public international law;
- Analyze the emerging concepts of international environmental law;
- Describe the historical evolution of polar law and identify its key standard-setting instruments;
- Identify and analyze the main legal issues related to the application of space law;
- Describe the main rules of international humanitarian law and differentiate between those which apply to the cyberspace and the others;
- Define the role and importance of international law of cyber-security for the international security;
- Apply the main rules governing international humanitarian law to cyber-warfare;
- Demonstrate profound understanding of key issues of the extraterritorial use of force against non-state actors.
The online Executive Diploma on International Law will consist of a total of 10l interactive online workshops covering the following topics:
- Public International Law
- International Environmental Law;
- Polar Law;
- Law of Space;
- International Law of Cyber-Security;
- Extra-Territorial Use of Force Against Non-State Actors;
- Cyber Warfare and International Humanitarian Law.
Please see the brochure for more information.
The online executive diploma on international law will take place over 10 workshop days with the core workshop times being 10 am - 1 pm and 2 pm to 5 pm Geneva time. The respective e-workshops will be conducted via the platform Zoom and will be facilitated by an expert on the theme. The material presented in the workshop will be interactive and assignments will be given for participants to further advance their knowledge.
Participants successfully completing all e-workshops will be awarded a certificate of participation.
The online executive diploma aimed at students and professionals seeking a deeper understanding of international law.
The course is open to up to 50 participants.
UNITAR will not provide refunds for customers who face technical issues beyond UNITAR's direct control. UNITAR recommends that all prospective participants test Zoom for free at Zoom.us prior to confirming their payment.
Basic system requirements:
- Stable internet connection
- Speakers and a microphone
- A webcam or HD webcam
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
Please see further information about all technical requirements for participating in this e-workshop here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements…