Toolkit 2.0 Strategies for Companies: Designing and implementing campaigns in support of vaccination efforts to prevent and reduce the spread of COVID-19
The world is in the midst of a COVID-19 pandemic. Countries are racing to develop and deploy safe and effective vaccines across the world.
Vaccines save millions of lives each year. Vaccines work by training and preparing the body’s natural defences – the immune system – to recognize and fight off the viruses and bacteria they target. Vaccines are a critical new tool in the battle against COVID-19 and it is hugely encouraging to see so many vaccines proving successful and going into development. Working as quickly as they can, scientists from across the world are collaborating and innovating to bring us tests, treatments and vaccines that will collectively save lives and end this pandemic.
Reflecting on this issue, UNITAR presents this toolkit that contains assets to assist local and national efforts to control the spread of COVID-19 and bring about its eventual eradication through vaccination and communication.
This toolkit aims to provide a guidance on developing effective COVID-19 communication strategies focused on promoting protective behaviour and maximum uptake of the new COVID-19 vaccines. It aims to offer practical examples of actions companies can make to contribute to help reduce the impact of this virus on the population by working collaboratively with local, national and international public health organizations, while leveraging their own assets.
The toolkit is comprised of 3 parts, as follows:
- Part I. Introduction: Mobilizing the private sector for a rapid COVID-19 vaccine rollout:
- Private sector: an ally in the COVID-19 battle
- Role of companies in supporting and encouraging vaccination
- Designing and implementing campaigns in support of vaccination efforts to prevent and reduce the spread of COVID-19
- Part II. Leveraging company’s assets:
- Rational and aims
- Role of companies in supporting and encouraging vaccination among employees
- Part III. Companies' best practices:
- Pfizer & Nat Geo
- UNICEF UK
- General Motors Co & Ford
The toolkit is comprised of asynchronous e-learning modules.
The toolkit is targeted to:
- Private Sector and Nonprofit Companies
- Ministries of Public Health
- Secretaries of Health and Public Communication Officers
- Government Communication Offices
- Those with strategic decision-making and communication responsibilities.