The UN Online Immersion Programme
The UN Online Immersion Programme is 2 weeks of length, comprises a total workload of 40-45 hours and is open for a maximum of 50 participants. It provides participants with an intensive opportunity to learn about the United Nations´ origins, main activities, different agencies as well as about International Geneva as a hub of multilateralism.
- E-Learning Component:
- The Program’s backbone will be three e-learning modules on UNITAR´s virtual platform.
- In each module, a UN expert stands ready to engage with participants in writing in the discussion Board Forum.
- Every module contains reading material, a discussion forum and a multiple-choice
assessment quiz on the content.
- Module 1: The United Nations
- Module 2: The Evolution of Diplomacy
- Module 3: The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
2. Live Component
- As two-week programmes are the most intense, UNITAR will offer one live component of 3.5 hour every weekday of the programme (excluding weekends)
- UNITAR can organize e-workshops on the following topics:
- Leadership Skills, Negotiation Skills, Public Speaking Skills, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Conference Diplomacy, United Nations Career Development, UN Resolution Writing, Digital Diplomacy, Science Diplomacy
- The content of webinars is the purpose and main activities of the specific UN agency:
- United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations International Children´s Fund (UNICEF), United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), World Meteorological Organization (WMO), World Health Organization (WHO), World Trade Organization (WTO)
- A number of 2-hour live-streamed guided tours can also be offered:
- The historic Palais des Nations
- Geneva´s diplomatic district
- The facilities of other UN agencies at Geneva such as WMO
- The House of Peace, hosting the Graduate Institute Geneva and numerous NGOs
UNITAR will be responsible for the overall design, coordination and implementation of the Training Programme. It will liaise with participants on a regular basis prior to the activity's implementation in order to ensure a smooth and flawless organization for everyone involved.
The participants are responsible for ensuring they are in possession of the basic necessary hardware, software and connectivity to engage in online training activities.
For more information kindly send us an email at: ccipe.cooperation [at] unitar.org (ccipe[dot]cooperation[at]unitar[dot]org)