Knowledge to Lead
UNITAR Online Catalogue
Workshop on Digital Diplomacy and Cybersecurity
Revolution in Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) has transformed the way people communicate and exchange information across the globe. Working within any international environment, Digital Diplomacy depends on how diplomats and other professionals use digital media to understand and transform their online presence to achieve their goals and objectives. This workshop will not only help identify the negotiation aspects of digital diplomacy but also the ways to find relevant and accurate information on the internet. Furthermore, participants will also learn the Internet related concepts, terminologies and the use of digital diplomacy to promote broader diplomatic strategy.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain how digital diplomacy tools can be applied to enhance the function of diplomats and other professionals;
- Recognize examples of guidelines for communicating with digital diplomacy;
- Recognize pertinent opportunities where online negotiations and digital diplomacy can be suitable;
- Identify the current and potential use of Internet tools for diplomatic activities and how to use social networking platforms;
- Identify the opportunities and challenges offered by digital diplomacy tools.
The workshop is designed to be interactive and participatory, including various pedagogical tools to enable the participants to function effectively and efficiently in a multilateral environment.
The course will be built on four pedagogical pillars: concept learning (lectures and presentations), role-playing (group exercises), experience sharing (roundtable discussions) and exposure to real world problems and policy choices delegates are confronted with.
This course is open to members of Permanent Missions and delegates of Ministries of Foreign Affairs and other government officials, representatives of international, intergovernmental, and non-governmental organizations. Senior managers from the private sector are equally invited to benefit from this unique course.
Participants who have attended all the sessions will receive a certificate of participation.
For more information, please write an email to diplomacy [at] unitar.org with your CV and a copy of your passport