Workshop on Leadership Skills
To be a successful leader, skills and qualities such as charisma, strategic vision, confidence, and public speaking abilities, are essential. Studies suggest that followers usually identify with charismatic personalities who portray mature and well-educated qualities, and who inspire others to do great things and work towards bringing about a positive and lasting change in their societies. Apart from being captivating and energising, leaders are expected to follow and consider ethical implications, to manage and deliver efficient decision-making, develop and implement a strategic vision among all fractions of a society. Kuwait’s government officials and civil servants will acquire skills on leadership, leadership communication and influence.
By the end of this workshops, participants will be able to:
- Define the functions of leadership and what is expected from leaders;
- Explain the role of the leader in creating and sustaining a vision;
- Identify the different styles of leadership and their impact on people;
- Explain how to build and reinforce a positive organizational culture.
UNITAR workshops are designed to be highly interactive and participatory and will include a variety of pedagogical tools to enable the participants to acquire a thorough knowledge and understanding of the substantive issues at work, in addition to the transfer of skills and techniques to enable them to function effectively and efficiently in their professional roles.
This course is primarily open to:
- Members of Permanent Missions accredited to the United Nations Office in Geneva,
- Delegates of Ministries of Foreign Affairs and other government officials,
- Representatives of international, intergovernmental, and non-governmental organizations and Diplomatic academies.
- Professionals from the private sector.
Participants who have attended all the sessions will receive a certificate of participation.
For more information, please write an email to diplomacy [at] unitar.org with your CV and a copy of your passport