Micro Training of Trainers 2022
Becoming a high performing trainer requires training and practice. As time is often limited, UNITAR makes training easier with our new microlearning Training of Trainers Course. Following UNITAR's training approach, dive into the fundamentals of learning, training design, and training delivery.
You can complete this mobile learning course in only 80 minutes. The course is easily accessible on a phone or tablet at your own pace. If the Internet is unstable, you can download the course and simply learn offline. The course is published on the Educate All learning platform EdApp. Access is public and free of charge.
After completing the first module, you will be able to:
- summarize what learning is and how adults learn;
- list different learning styles;
- describe the role of a trainer;
- Identify the five steps of the training cycle;
- explain the four levels of results-based learning approach.
By completing the second module you will be able to:
- explain why learning objectives are the foundation of a training and why they need to be SMART;
- list different learning methods;
- explain how icebreakers and energizers can support training;
- explain what is the flow of a training session.
At the end of the third module you will be able to:
- explain the principles of effective facilitation and how to co-facilitate a training;
- explain how to create ground rules;
- formulate good questions during a training facilitation;
- describe what is active listening and provide constructive feedback.
The course consists of the following 3 modules:
Module 1: The fundamentals of training
- Lesson 1: What is learning?
- Lesson 2: Adult learning
- Lesson 3: Learning styles
- Lesson 4: The role of a trainer
- Lesson 5: The training cycle
- Lesson 6: Results-based learning
Module 2: The design of training
- Lesson 1: Learning objectives
- Lesson 2: SMART learning objectives
- Lesson 3: Learning methods
- Lesson 4: The flow of a training session
- Lesson 5: Icebreakers
- Lesson 6: Energizers
Module 3: Facilitation
- Lesson 1: Effective facilitation
- Lesson 2: Co-facilitate a training
- Lesson 3: Ground rules
- Lesson 4: Asking good questions
- Lesson 5: Active listening
- Lesson 6: Providing feedback
This course follows a microlearning training approach, focusing on delivering information in small learning units. Each lesson contains fun and interactive activities, mini case studies to apply what you have learned, self-reflection questions and inspiring examples.
- Any professional who contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and wishes to become a trainer can benefit from this course.
- Trainers who train in the area of the SDGs and want to improve their skills.
- Training institutes providing Training of Trainers who could benefit from integrating this mini-course into their training as pre-requisit or support material.
- Leaders and professionals supporting the SDGs who may benefit from training awareness.