India Youth Training Programme _ Module 1 - Hindi Version
In collaboration with the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and the Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) programme, The Defeat-NCD Partnership at the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) is transforming the training modules of NYKS to be delivered digitally.
The course will provide easy-to-access, interactive, and adaptable training to youth volunteers across India. The full training includes essential life skills and personality development, the essential programmes of NYKS, and essential hygiene and lifestyle modifications for the prevention and control of communicable and non-communicable diseases.
The targeted module is life skills and personality development where volunteers are expected to log in, take the training course and provide feedback on the sessions through a survey.
The purpose of this event is to train 14,000 youth volunteers on Life Skills and Personality Development module, assess their interaction with the training and get their feedback in preparation for scaling up the training for a wider audience.
At the end of the module, participants will be able to:
• Define what is personality development
• List out various dimensions of personality development related to volunteers
• Explain empathy
• Describe coping, critical thinking, problem-solving, decision making and their relevance in personality development
• Define teamwork and appreciate the importance of teamwork
• Explain what is leadership
• List out qualities of a good leader
• Explain what is communication
• Define one-way and two-way communication
• List out the components of a communication loop
• Describe what is verbal and non-verbal communication and what is body language
• Practice skills for effective public speaking
• Describe the importance of writing skills
• Explain what is G-A-T-H-E-R approach for interpersonal communication (IPC)
The module consists of 5 sessions.
Session 1: Personality Development
Session 2: Team Building and Leadership
Session 3: Communication Skills – Part 1
Session 4: Communication Skills – Part 2
Session 5: Interpersonal Communication Skills
20 exercises delivered in an interactive, gamified manner.
Youth volunteers in India