Drafting Skills: Reporting and Communications
This course on report writing is aimed at helping diplomats, both new and experienced, in writing effective reports within the UN system. It will include developing a reliable process, finding a voice, crafting reports, and understanding the language of UN reports.
By understanding the parts of different reports, who the audience is, and what subject is supposed to be covered, the participants will become better writers and more informed consumers of diplomat- ic reports and will be able to navigate through them with ease to find what information they require.
This course aims to help novice speechwriters and seasoned scribes alike to create compelling mate- rial, develop a reliable process, find a speechwrit- ing voice, craft excellent speeches – and become a more informed consumer of diplomatic rhetoric in the process.
- To become better report writers through informed practice
- Apply criteria of good report writing
- Discover and navigate challenges to report writing
- Learn the basic techniques of effective language
- Learn to navigate a report structure