Knowledge to Lead
UNITAR Online Catalogue
Online Diploma in Multilateral Diplomacy 2022 - Edition 1
The United Nations Institute for Training and Research's (UNITAR) Online Diploma in Multilateral Diplomacy offers a unique opportunity for both students wanting to pursue a career in international relations, and professionals working in international and regional organizations as well as governmental and non-governmental institutions, to expand their knowledge on international affairs and strengthen their capacities in the field of multilateral diplomacy.
Using internet-based training, UNITAR brings participants and trainers together in a unique virtual learning environment. All courses build on UNITAR’s wealth of experience in designing and implementing training workshops on diplomacy and multilateral affairs at the country and regional levels. e-Learning provides specific advantages for geographically and time constrained individuals to obtain valuable information for their day-to-day operations and future projects.
Objectifs de l'événement
After completing the Diploma, students should be able to :
• Demonstrate a comprehensive, substantive and practical knowledge of the current challenges in international affairs and diplomacy;
• Perform in both bilateral and multilateral working environments with increased confidence;
• Develop analytical skills and critical thinking;
• Advance their career through the acquisition of skills that are highly valued in an international working environment.
Contenu et structure
In order to be awarded the Online Diploma, participants are required to participate and succesfully complete 4 out of 6 online courses offered by UNITAR’s Multilateral Diplomacy Programme Unit from 14 February 2022 – 31 December 2022 and submit a Final Research Paper by 31 December 2022.
The e-Learning courses the students can choose from are:
- Public and Cultural Diplomacy (05 September - 16 October 2022)
- The Art of Speechwriting (17 October - 13 November 2022)
- Diplomacy 4.0 (17 October – 27 November 2022)
- United Nations Protocol (17 October - 13 November 2022)
- Cosmopolitan Communication (31 October - 27 November 2022)
Kindly note that some course dates might change.
All courses last between 4 to 6 weeks. The average workload for an individual course is 5 - 8 study hours per week.
The final requirement to obtain the Online Diploma in Multilateral Diplomacy will be the submission of a research paper of between 3,000 and 5,000 words.
e-Learning: The Diploma is internet-based. Courses are moderated by senior international experts, and place an emphasis on online discussions and self-paced learning.
The courses will consist of the following components:
(1) Compulsory and optional reading material, intended to teach thebasic concepts and principles of the lesson’s subject-matter;
(2) Multimedia and external links to additional books, articles, documents, and websites related to the lessons;
(3) Quizzes and case studies;
(4) Community Discussion Boards;
(5) Collaborative learning tools such as simulation exercises, webinars and chats
The Online Diploma is designed for government officials, diplomats, private sector specialists, practitioners in the international arena, academics, students or any interested participants.
If you register for the online diploma, you are not required to register for the separate e-Learning courses. Instead, please send us an email at mdp-elearning [at] unitar.org before the start of an e-Learning course to confirm that you would like to take the course as part of the Diploma.
UNITAR is a non-accrediting institution, and as such, diplomas that may be awarded by UNITAR carry no accreditation recognition.
There are no specific admission requirements. Participants who wish to enrol in one particular course without being awarded a diploma can still do so.
- Have a good command of the English language
- Be computer literate
UNITAR recommends the following as a minimum in hardware and software to take our e-Learning courses. Please consult your Network Administrator or Systems person to ensure that you have the following:
- Platform: Windows 10 or 11; MacOS 10.15 Catalina, 11 Big Sur, and 12 Monterey; Linux
- Software: Adobe Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Office (Windows or Mac) or Open Office
We highly recommend credit card payments.
For more information, please consult the UNITAR Multilateral Diplomacy Programme website or contact mdp-elearning [at] unitar.org