Knowledge to Lead
UNITAR Online Catalogue
Introductory Course on Energy Efficient Ship Operation
Do you want to find out what ships can do to reduce GHG emissions?
This course will help you better understand how the maritime industry can reduce its environmental carbon footprint through practical measures to save energy on board. It will also give you facts and figures, and a better understanding of the global international regulatory framework to address emissions from ships.
This course will be of particular interest to:
- Someone curious and interested to learn more about the international regulatory framework to address emissions from ships.
- Seafarers working on board ships, interested in practical measures to reduce fuel consumption.
- Individuals working in the maritime sector, interested in environmental protection and climate change.
This course aims to provide answers to a series of questions such as:
- How can ships contribute towards the reduction of GHG emissions and the mitigation of climate change?
- How can fuel saving measures lower the GHG emissions and play an important role in limiting global temperature increase?
- What are some of the practical actions which can be taken onboard to reduce fuel consumption?
- What is the role of the International Maritime Organization and how is it addressing emissions from ships?
A short quiz at the end of each module allows you to verify if you have achieved the learning objectives. To successfully complete the course and gain a Certificate of Completion, participants have to obtain a passing grade of 70% or above to both assessment quizzes (3 attempts are allowed for each quiz).